Rising Black Hair To Nice Lengths
My hair story.. in footage
My journey in photos from a chin size bob to waist size hair.
Back in College, I used to be continually coloring, blowdrying and flat ironing my hair. This left my hair perpetually at a chin size bob
After frequent visits to the hair forums and blogs, I decided to try to develop my hair out, so I stopped coloring it, lower off the broken ends and started taking better care of my hair. I started rollersetting instead of blow drying and flat ironing. Stopped utilizing merchandise with petrolatum and mineral oil. Combed and detangled my hair with extreme care. Began co washing, moisturizing and sealing my hair weekly.
6 months after I began my journey
Inside 6 months of beginning my journey, I had gone from chin length to shoulder length
Progress pic (April 2010)
Progress pic (April 2011)
In need of a trim
Progress pic (July 2011)
Progress pic (January 2012)
Comparability shot (April 2011 to January 2012)
Similar to when attempting to drop some pounds or achieve any other aim, it is necessary to watch and monitor your progress. I made positive to track my progress. I took footage of my hair month-to-month (I additionally made monthly update videos on youtube: my youtube channel). This helped me determine problems on time and make modifications to my regimen to deal with them.
My regimen on the time:
– Co wash my hair once per week with natural essence’s hiya hydration shampoo and conditioner (I don’t use these any more)
– Seal with Additional virgin coconut oil hair styles that are easy (I got mine from Health plus at the palms, Lagos)
– Wear my hair in protective types more often than not (Weaves, wigs and updos)
– Detangle with extreme care utilizing a large tooth comb and solely after my hair has been nicely conditioned and moisturized
– Eat a number of protein (eggs and fish). I did take supplements on and off (solgars hair skin and nails) but I discovered it troublesome to sustain. Also, it is suggested that you just get nutrients from meals rather than from supplements so I simply tried to include the nutrients that I wanted into my weight loss program.
– Retouch my roots utilizing motions relaxer as soon as every three months on average. Nevertheless, I did have durations the place I stretched my relaxer for so long as 8 months. I don’t suggest this if you aren’t protecting styling 99% of the time because of the quantity of breakage you possibly can maintain by merely combing your hair whereas stretching.
– Use jamaican black castor oil (jbco) on my scalp to stimulate progress. (Though I stopped using this after a couple of weeks as a result of it triggered my scalp to itch. Nonetheless, tons of people have had very good results with jbco).
You can watch the video on my hair regimen right here (I am carrying one of my favourite protecting types on this video: a lace wig):
I hope this helps. I will likely be posting an up to date listing of merchandise that I exploit as I am at the moment in the process of making some modifications to my regimen so as to assist me tackle the dryness and frequent tangling that I am at present experiencing. I found the good day hydration shampoo to be too harsh. It was leaving my hair stripped and dried out. If you treasured this article so you would like to get more info about closure generously visit our web-site. I’m additionally altering my conditioner as properly to one which has no silicones as those could cause construct up and dry out the hair.
Are there any merchandise that you have used and would recommend Or any products that you heard good critiques about Let me know in the feedback below..