How one can Pre-Poo
A “pre-poo” is a pre shampoo treatment that you leave on your hair for an extended amount of time before you wish to shampoo your hair. Its purpose is to protect your hair from the harshness of the shampoo process and protect your hair from drying out or being stripped of essential oils. It achieves this by creating a barrier around your hair or a coating the sulfates in the shampoo can’t penetrate. It provides softness, shine, and moisture to your hair leaving your natural oils alone for the most half. It can consist of conditioner, oils, or edible items. I’ve heard of bananas, avocado, honey, yogurt, eggs, and mayonnaise being used in the hair. You may combine these or apply them through the use of any technique. I take advantage of the LOC technique which you can learn more about in my last Transitioning Hair Regimen post.
1. I start by wetting my hair with a mixture of bottled water and olive oil.
2. I apply my oil answer focusing on my ends that include Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, and Tea Tree oil. The oil traps the moisture from the liquid component in my hair preserving moisture for an extended period of time. It also helps with an itchy scalp, gives my hair shine, and helps my split ends. I purchased both plastic bottles for my liquid and oil at Sally Beauty Supply.
3. Then for my cream component I take advantage of conditioner. Get a cheapo conditioner because you will be using a ton of it! I use Simply U Moisturizing Conditioner which I bought at Wal-mart because it contained none of the icky chemicals hair hates, it was low cost, and it had a terrific pump on it.
4. Start at your ends and work your method towards your roots. This locks in moisture and creates a barrier around the hair protecting it from the shampoo.
5. The final step is to finger comb and then detangle the hair utilizing a denman brush, extensive tooth comb, or a Tangle Teezer. I don’t put any product in my hair for this step but I would recommend Kinky Curly Knot At present as a fantastic detangler. By finger combing first you get rid of the knots in your hair gently inflicting less breakage.
Kinky Curly Knot Today
My Disco Purple Tangle Teezer
Ideally you should pre-poo earlier than every shampoo containing sulfates permitting it to sit on your hair for 30-60 minutes. The time size is needed so as for your hair to have time to absorb and lock within the treatment. You’ll be able to put a shower cap and a towel/turban over your hair or sit under a heated hood dryer in case you choose.
Scorching Oil Rinse
If you wish to skip the heated dryer another method to prepare your hair for a shampoo is to apply your oil solution warmed up onto your hair. This can be called a scorching oil pre- poo or a hot oil rinse which will depart your hair softer, shinier, and more manageable after 30-60 minutes. Take a look at YouTube for great recipes or go to your native magnificence supply store because places like Sally Beauty Supply sell oils in one time use microwaveable containers as shown beneath.
Who Should Use Hot Oil Rinses
1. Chemically textured hair like permed and relaxed hair can grow to be damaged.
2. Chemically bleached or lightened hair. The bleach is very drying and damaging to the hair.
3. Color treated hair can change into dry and dull looking.
4. Dry hair which could be attributable to genetics and even the climate can leave the hair dull and lifeless while being extra prone to breakage.
5. Heat tools like flat irons, blow dryers, and curling irons can break and harm the clip on buns for hair hair.
– Softer Hair
– More Manageable Hair
– Shinier Hair
– Helps Split Ends
– Smooths Cuticle
– Funds Friendly
– Straightforward To Make
– Helps A Dry Scalp
– Prevents/Reduces Dandruff
– Provides Physique
– Prevents Frizz
– Prevents breakage
– Prevents Dry Hair Shaft
– Moisturizes Scalp
Coconut Oil- This is my favorite oil and may also help a dry scalp.
– Circumstances the scalp.
– Stimulates hair development.
– Adds softness and manageability.
– Adds an amazing shine to my hair.
– It may well reduce or eliminate dandruff.
– This is an efficient lightweight option for oily hair.
– Will leave the hair soft.
– Helps a dry scalp.
– Prevents dandruff.
– Situations and nourishes the scalp.
– Nice for a dry scalp
– Packed stuffed with moisture.
– Stimulates hair progress.
– Softens the hair.
– Smooths the cuticle.
– Good for oily hair because of its drying properties.
– It’s going to strengthen your hair.
– An excellent possibility for broken hair
– Excessive in antioxidants A and E.
– An important nourishing oil.
– Has anti-aging properties.
– Can be used on any hair sort.
– It could add softness and manageability.
– Makes the hair shiny.
– Has disinfectant properties.
– Heals and soothes the scalp.
– Nice for dry itchy scalps.
– Improves Elasticity
1. Incorporates vitamins A, D, & E.
2. Great for dry or frizzy hair.
3. Has tons of protein.
4. Contains follic acid, magnesium, copper, iron, and amino acids.
5. Promotes hair development.
6. Nourishing and moisturizing.
7. Simply penetrates the hair and pores and skin.
8. Nice for all hair varieties.
Optionally available Substances:
Important Oils- Provides an important smell and can be stress-free.
Finely Floor Espresso/Chamomile
Honey- Honey is a humectant which means it attracts and retains moisture within the hair.
Conditioner- Use a moisturizing conditioner.
Bananas- A banana will assist the hairs elasticity.
Aloe Vera Gel- Stimulates hair growth and helps breakage.
Herbs- Can add loads to your hair relying on the herb.
Egg Yolks- Simply use the white when you’ve got oily hair however eggs have tons of protein and nourishing qualities to help the softness and shine of the hair.
Avocados- These are packed full of protein and add shine to the hair. Great for dry, breakage prone hair
Lemon, Lime, & Grapefruit Juice- Lemon juice adds an amazing scent and can be used for somebody with highlights. The grapefruit juice will clarify your hair.
My Homemade Recipe:
– Three Tbs. Olive Oil
– 2 Tbs. Coconut Oil
– 1 Tbs. Honey
– 1/4 Cup. Conditioner
– 1 tsp. Lemon juice
1. Shower Cap
2. Wide Tooth Comb
3. 4-6 Clips
4. Sulfate Free/Gentle Shampoo
5. Cleansing/Moisturizing Conditioner
6. Components Of Alternative- There is no restrict to how many ingredients you may mix and use.
1. Place your oil in a plastic bottle that is heat safe or a glass container.
2. Convey 2 cups of water to a boil.
3. Turn the heat off and place your container within the water for 1-2 minutes
4. Let cool slightly and then check mixture on the again of your wrist before utility.
1. Place oil into a microwave protected bowl.
2. Heat for up to 20 seconds.
3. Do not let the oil pop or boil.
4. Remove the bowl ad let the oil cool slightly.
5. Check the oil on the back of your wrist earlier than software.
Hot Oil Rinse Find out how to:
1. I start with clean, damp hair. You can simply dampen the hair with heat water in a spray bottle as a substitute of shampooing. You possibly can apply the therapy to dry hair as well within the winter months if you happen to choose.
2. Part your hair into 4-6 sections depending on its thickness.
3. You may apply your components by:
– A coloration (tint) brush and bowl.
– Pouring it onto your hair over the sink.
– Applicator bottle on to the scalp in 1/four inch partings.
4. Therapeutic massage the oil into your scalp and finger comb.
5. Pin up the saturated hair.
6. Throw a towel into the dryer for five minutes on excessive heat or dampen a towel with heat water and ring out the surplus.
7. Place a plastic cap over your head and put the towel across the cap. Drape a towel over your shoulder in case of leaks additionally.
8. Sit for half-hour to an hour with the answer in your hair to guarantee it’s absorbed.
9. Rinse the answer out with heat not scorching water after which cool water to seal your cuticle again down to create a barrier the shampoo cannot get previous.
10. Shampoo and condition as regular and your done.
1. The hair doesn’t must be soaked with oil or it’ll just run down your face and again.
2. You should utilize a sizzling oil rinse as much as once a week.
3. Play around with ingredients and keep trying new issues.
4. The hair shouldn’t be soaking wet with water earlier than making use of the treatment because the hair will be filled with water and not have any room left for the oil to be absorbed. The oil could slip right out of the hair and be a waste.
5. Don’t burn yourself making use of Sizzling oil to your hair. It solely must be Heat.
6. If you don’t need to make use of a warm/damp towel you’ll be able to sit under a hood dryer or a soft hood dryer. A heat free option is to use your bodies natural heat by putting a turban on your head or a plain towel to carry the heat in.
Go away the treatment in for as long as possible as a result of the heat opens your hairs outer-most layer known as the cuticle. The cuticle raises up permitting the oil to be absorbed deeper into the middle of your hair strand. Should you wait lengthy sufficient your cuticle will lay back down sealing within the oils which is why the full 30-60 minutes is required.